Held back in June, “Brand New Day” was an ecstatic takeover of Times Square, with singers and dancers from Broadway and beyond celebrating what they hoped was the imminent return of New York Theater. But some of the featured performers couldn’t help but wonder – was the closing of New York an opportunity to do better than rebuilding on the same outdated foundations?
We spoke with Jason A. Rodriguez of the hit TV show “Pose” and his long-time business partner Ricardo Sebastian about their vision for a new day in New York that supports performers who have long been marginalized and exploited.
Featured in this Episode
- From Arraygency and House of Eon:
- Jason A. Rodriguez (@thejasonarodriguez)
- Ricardo Sebastian (@ricardoxsebastian)
- Robert J Mason (@therobertjmason)
- https://www.arraygency.com/ (@arraygency)
- Brand New Day Event Organizers:
- Kaleidoscope Entertainment (@kaleidescopeent)
- Times Square Alliance (@timessquarenyc)
- RRR Creative (@rrrcreative)
- Hosts and Other Performers::
- Frank Dilella, NY 1 Reporter (@fdilella)
- Miss Jay Alexander Runway Coach (@miss_jalexander)
- Jackie Cox (@jackiecoxnyc)
Produced by Tania Mohammad & Garret Tiedmann. Executive produced by David Hoffman. Post-production, original music, and sound design also by Garrett Tiedemann. Production management by Gabriela Montequin.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download